You will be able to sell bitcoin for Ghanaian Cedis delivered to your(recipient’s) MTN or Airtel mobile money accounts.
Please follow the following steps below to complete the purchase.
- Log into your BitPesa account on www.bitpesa.co and click on New Transaction.
- Choose BTC in the I have field and GHS in the I want field, then click Continue.
- Select recipient as either yourself, someone else or a recent contact you’ve used before.
- Enter recipient name if not yourself.
- Enter mobile number of recipient and continue.
- Enter your wallet address in the next page and click continue. Your wallet address is necessary when the transaction fails for various reasons and we need to refund your bitcoins. Reasons include, provision of invalid recipient details or bitcoins sent late after the transaction is already cancelled.
- Confirm the payment details.
- Proceed to the payment page to send bitcoins to the address displayed on the new page.
Within the hour, your recipient will receive GHS in his/her mobile money wallet!
Please note that the speed of confirmations on the blockchain determines delivery. Once bitcoins have been released, BitPesa cannot reverse the transaction or speed it up. Though rare, confirmations may take longer than an hour, especially if you do not send the bitcoins with a Priority fee. If this happens, please just keep checking. The transaction will definitely complete.